I found something that helps my arthritic thumb

24 Replies, 568 Views

Nice thing about the packets, was running late for a VA appointment & just grabbed one and a bottle of water as I hobbled out the door, otherwise never would have gotten any collagen
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

(05-15-2024, 07:27 PM)Longhair Wrote: Makes me wonder if Boric Acid would produce the same effect.

Yes it will but from what I gather, the taste is quite bitter even in small quantities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MontanaLon's post:

(05-15-2024, 08:48 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 05:30 PM)MontanaLon Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:02 AM)Rampy Wrote: I’ve been taking 2 single serving packets of this stuff a day, sometimes 3 a day and it’s helping my joints feel better, not so much aching and it helps with the neuropathy

Plus it helps increase my protein intake

https://protgold.com/

(05-15-2024, 08:52 AM)specops56 Wrote: I have to be careful of anything medicine / supplement like to make sure it won't interact with my transplant meds. I'll look into the Borax. I have been taking this and it has helped with the arthritis in my thumb joints:

https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Research-C...C76&sr=1-2

I put a half scoop in my first cup of Joe in the morning and a full scoop in the occasional protein shake. Been taking it for a few years now. It ain't cheap but it has cut the pain in the joint when I grip things by a noticeable amount. This is the unflavored one but they also make it in chocolate and vanilla. The flavored ones taste decent but they don't dissolve as easily as the unflavored.

Terry

Both of you kind of pointed out a disconcerting fact. 1 in 7 adults in the US suffers from arthritis. That fact alone makes the treatment of the symptoms a half trillion dollar a year industry. That is a half trillion reasons every year not to actually cure the illness, especially if the illness could be treated effectively for literally pennies a day. A 4 pound box of borax is $6 at Walmart. It contains about 1000 daily doses which would last about 3 years. That works out to less than a penny a day and in my case at least, it works. Can you imagine the monetary loss to those companies that "treat" arthritis if more people did use this treatment? When looked at that way, it makes a lot of sense why when the doctor in Australia approached a pharma company they went to the parliament and got borax declared to be "poison" and removed it from anything used for human consumption. If they know what is causing the illness and withhold that information in order to profit, they are the second lowest form of human scum that exists. The first lowest being those politicians who made it happen.

I am not a doctor, and I don't know it all, but if my livelihood depended on something continuing to exist, I would do all in my power to make sure it kept existing.

Now you’re making me wonder what causes arthritis

Mine is in my spine after back surgeries & doc said caused by trauma, same as the arthritis in my knees, caused by trauma as well as my ankles 

so far hands are arthritis free…..but I’m not holding my breath 

like how diabetes is “managed” but no cure exists as it’s a billion dollar money machine

Not all of it is caused by trauma, though that is the cause of a lot of it. All sorts of people get arthritis without ever having experienced trauma at a joint.

Exactly like how diabetes is managed. Over the last 4 years we have seen the government and doctors who made many people sick on purpose in order to make money. It would be naive to think they wouldn't keep someone sick in order to make money.
[-] The following 2 users Like MontanaLon's post:

(05-19-2024, 02:14 AM)MontanaLon Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:02 AM)Rampy Wrote: I’ve been taking 2 single serving packets of this stuff a day, sometimes 3 a day and it’s helping my joints feel better, not so much aching and it helps with the neuropathy

(05-15-2024, 08:52 AM)specops56 Wrote: I have to be careful of anything medicine / supplement like to make sure it won't interact with my transplant meds. I'll look into the Borax. I have been taking this and it has helped with the arthritis in my thumb joints:

I put a half scoop in my first cup of Joe in the morning and a full scoop in the occasional protein shake. Been taking it for a few years now. It ain't cheap but it has cut the pain in the joint when I grip things by a noticeable amount. This is the unflavored one but they also make it in chocolate and vanilla. The flavored ones taste decent but they don't dissolve as easily as the unflavored.

Terry

Both of you kind of pointed out a disconcerting fact. 1 in 7 adults in the US suffers from arthritis. That fact alone makes the treatment of the symptoms a half trillion dollar a year industry. That is a half trillion reasons every year not to actually cure the illness, especially if the illness could be treated effectively for literally pennies a day. A 4 pound box of borax is $6 at Walmart. It contains about 1000 daily doses which would last about 3 years. That works out to less than a penny a day and in my case at least, it works. Can you imagine the monetary loss to those companies that "treat" arthritis if more people did use this treatment? When looked at that way, it makes a lot of sense why when the doctor in Australia approached a pharma company they went to the parliament and got borax declared to be "poison" and removed it from anything used for human consumption. If they know what is causing the illness and withhold that information in order to profit, they are the second lowest form of human scum that exists. The first lowest being those politicians who made it happen.

I am not a doctor, and I don't know it all, but if my livelihood depended on something continuing to exist, I would do all in my power to make sure it kept existing.

Mine is in my spine after back surgeries & doc said caused by trauma, same as the arthritis in my knees, caused by trauma as well as my ankles 

like how diabetes is “managed” but no cure exists as it’s a billion dollar money machine

Not all of it is caused by trauma, though that is the cause of a lot of it. All sorts of people get arthritis without ever having experienced trauma at a joint.

Exactly like how diabetes is managed. Over the last 4 years we have seen the government and doctors who made many people sick on purpose in order to make money. It would be naive to think they wouldn't keep someone sick in order to make money.

Know a guy who lost 180 pounds so far……and reversed his type 2 diabetes 

all by going to a strict carnivore diet, meat, eggs, butter, protein powder & cheese is all he eats and he only eats once a day & fasts for the rest of the time & drinks a minimum of 1 gallon of water a day (with a fiber supplement) 

he gets blood work done every 3 months & just switched to every 6 months as it’s coming back better and better 

he says he no longer misses carbs, bread, pizza and the such & goes to Texas Roadhouse once a week for a ribeye smothered in butter 

And I think I’m doing good to cut out 75% of my carb intake
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(05-19-2024, 02:14 AM)MontanaLon Wrote:

Terry

Know a guy who shot hundreds of thousands of full house 357 mags, 41 mag, 44 Mag & carried a 41 mag on duty & was a firearm instructor in the early 80’s for years & they qualified 4 times a year shooting full power ammo 

He finally retired with 30+ years on the job & now his hands are so beat up with arthritis he can barely shoot 9mm & really loves the 32 H&R Magnum 

Makes me glad I could not afford 357 Magnum & 44 Magnum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post: