brussell sprouts

8 Replies, 168 Views

I stumbled across this idea while searching for something else. 
I roughly chopped up a bunch of garlic and made a garlic butter.  I thawed some sprouts that I had in the freezer, cut them in half and tossed them with the garlic butter including the garlic. One minute in the microwave (my microwave seems to be pretty high power) and they turned out very good!
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

That sounds worth trying!
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

I love Brussell sprouts. I usually put frozen sprouts in bowl with butter and and a bit of hot sauce, add a little water for steam and nuke them for 1-2 minutes. I've been meaning to try roasting them but just haven't got around to it. My wife hates them. But, then again, she hates just about all green veggies. She tried a sprout once about 35 years ago. Because she didn't like the taste she tried to swallow it whole. I had to Heimlich her. Scared the shite out of me!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

My ex mother in law is dutch and she would use nutmeg to season them with. Absolutely delicious, but you can go from just right to completely ruined with a half a shake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

People actually eat them???
As a (stupid) kid I would announce the two things I wouldn’t eat were brussell sprouts and pumpkin pie..now I really like the garlic butter and peppered sprouts! Pumpkin pie not so much..
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

Hate to say this……..might have to try them, sounds simple to make em
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(05-10-2024, 09:15 PM)Snake46 Wrote: As a (stupid) kid I would announce the two things I wouldn’t eat were brussell sprouts and pumpkin pie..now I really like the garlic butter and peppered sprouts! Pumpkin pie not so much..

Good deal! You take my Brussel Sprouts, and I'll take your pumpkin pie.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

I prefer sweet potato pie. But then, I'm a southern boy.

Terry
[-] The following 4 users Like specops56's post: