Posts: 1,996
Threads: 228
Likes Received: 1,779 in 1,065 posts
Likes Given: 957
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
1,779
Location: Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming
(03-01-2024, 06:01 PM)specops56 Wrote: (03-01-2024, 04:10 PM)Rampy Wrote: And we have another wildland fire, several homes/barns on fire and pulling in mutual aid brush trucks, engine and tenders from over 100 miles away
Where?
Terry
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/03/01/...UjkILY_4oE
Posts: 2,029
Threads: 538
Likes Received: 2,541 in 1,536 posts
Likes Given: 1,868
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
2,546
Location: washington
When I think of wildfire, Wyoming in the winter doesn't normally come to mind. Pretty dry winter down there as well as the northern tier.
Posts: 1,996
Threads: 228
Likes Received: 1,779 in 1,065 posts
Likes Given: 957
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
1,779
Location: Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming
(03-01-2024, 09:12 PM)tommag Wrote: When I think of wildfire, Wyoming in the winter doesn't normally come to mind. Pretty dry winter down there as well as the northern tier.
Don’t have any snow on the ground around here & temps have been really mild/spring like even the last month or more and then the wind comes along…
Have red flag fire warnings out for all weekend last I looked
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/KzFcB8J...tid=UalRPS
Posts: 1,996
Threads: 228
Likes Received: 1,779 in 1,065 posts
Likes Given: 957
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
1,779
Location: Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming
Posts: 1,996
Threads: 228
Likes Received: 1,779 in 1,065 posts
Likes Given: 957
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
1,779
Location: Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming
Shot won’t quit, 35-50 mph winds rocking the house & then a ton of sirens
Turns out another large grass fire with at least 6 different fire departments trying to put it out
Posts: 1,996
Threads: 228
Likes Received: 1,779 in 1,065 posts
Likes Given: 957
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
1,779
Location: Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming
Guess I need to break down and get a scanner, the FT5D shortwave can pick some up but not all
Posts: 2,029
Threads: 538
Likes Received: 2,541 in 1,536 posts
Likes Given: 1,868
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
2,546
Location: washington
I subscribe to the app watch duty (free version is available) and have found it to be pretty good. The only thing it shows in your area is the Goshen hole fire ne of Cheyenne and it's reported as contained.
The following 2 users Like tommag's post:2 users Like tommag's post

Posts: 1,996
Threads: 228
Likes Received: 1,779 in 1,065 posts
Likes Given: 957
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
1,779
Location: Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming
Did not know they had a fire in Goshen county.
I was using the app scanner radio till it went off the air here plus the entire state is on a trunked p25 set of frequencies that have different talk groups
The idea behind that is anyone with a radio can talk to anyone in the same group from anywhere I in the state
Daughter sent these pictures, I 90 between Sheridan and Billings, she said they were slipping some in 4A
The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:1 user Likes Rampy's post
Posts: 272
Threads: 45
Likes Received: 404 in 212 posts
Likes Given: 16
Joined: Nov 2023
Reputation:
406
Location: Illinois, USA
(02-29-2024, 03:26 PM)specops56 Wrote: Seems to me that arson would be a very cheap, safe and easy way for terrorists to terrorize a country. Just saying.
Terry
(02-29-2024, 04:00 PM)tommag Wrote: (02-29-2024, 03:26 PM)specops56 Wrote: Seems to me that arson would be a very cheap, safe and easy way for terrorists to terrorize a country. Just saying.
Terry I tend to wargame things like that in my mind. Not to plan things, just mental exercise. I dreamed up a scenario that I'd love to brag about, but I wouldn't want to help the bastards with the idea.
Yep, every fall here I wait for the big black cloud in the sky that keeps getting closer. The midwest is a prime target for terrorists using arson at the end of the summer.
Posts: 1,944
Threads: 351
Likes Received: 2,314 in 1,302 posts
Likes Given: 800
Joined: Jul 2023
Reputation:
2,328
Location: South Carolina
Things to make you go Hmmmm!
SHOCK! Did Biden reveal truth behind Texas "Wildfires" and Maui fires? DEW's? | Redacted News
Terry
|